- Optimized API Explorer Trackers flow for the new Managed Trackers capabilities.
- Updated the user interface of the Usage page to align with the aesthetic of the new Platform visual design.
- Fixed issue in API Explorer when a user selects to re-use a conversation but none exist.
- Fixed issue with how App ID and App Secret were displayed in API Explorer.
- Fixed issue in Playground where the selected language was not displayed correctly in the Streaming Conversation code view.
- The Managed Trackers Library consists of out-of-the-box Trackers in four categories: Sales, Contact Center, Recruitment, and General.
- Managed Trackers are curated and managed by Symbl.ai. Sign in to the Symbl.ai Platform to use Trackers from the Managed Trackers Library as per your use case.
- Trackers Recommendations are suggestions from Symbl.ai for which trackers you should use from the Managed Trackers Library based on the conversations you have processed in the last 30 days.
- For more information, see the docs at Trackers .
- Trackers are now enabled by default for Async API and Streaming API.
- Trackers Management API endpoint is now standardized to https://api.symbl.ai/v1/manage/trackers.
- All trackers must now be created via the Management API.
- New PATCH endpoint for Update Tracker operation.
- Tracker resource has two new fields:
- Introducing Async API Logs on the Symbl.ai Platform. Sign in to platform.symbl.ai and go to API Logs > Async API Logs.
- Async API Log entries summarize an API call, listing call method, conversation ID, endpoint, and timestamp. From the Async API Logs page you can drill down to see details including job ID, query parameters, and request / response. For more information, see the docs at Async API Logs.