Identify and redact sensitive information from transcripts including PII, PCI, and PHI data, profanity, and filler words.
You can use redaction in many ways:
- Maintain compliance and protect consumer data – Anonymize protected information and store redacted versions of transcripts containing sensitive information to achieve and maintain compliance with HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, and PCI SSC.
- Employee training – Enable re-use of real world samples with protected data redacted. You can replace redacted data with useful mock data for training.
- Call center data sharing – Redact personal information from customer call transcripts for downstream sharing and analysis.
- Redact PII, PCI, and PHI data – Choose to redact one or all categories of PII, PCI, and PHI data from conversations.
- Redact profanity – Automatically redact profane phrases from conversations. This setting is enabled by default.
- Remove filler words – Automatically remove small meaningless words such as um, ah, and _hmm _from conversations. This setting is enabled by default.
Redaction is available for recorded (async) and real-time (streaming and telephony) conversations:
|Redact PII, PCI, and PHI data||✓||–||–|
|Remove filler words||✓||✓||✓|
Filler words and profanity are redacted by default for all conversations.
To generate a redacted transcript or change redaction settings and output options, see Redaction.
Updated 6 months ago