Call Scoring, a feature of Symbl.ai's Sales Intelligence package, applies an AI-driven approach to measure the effectiveness of sales representatives during sales conversations at scale. It provides a numerical representation of a sales representative's proficiency based on the conversation's context and content. It quantifies essential elements called criteria such as engagement level, conversation progression, and adherence to sales guidelines. Call Scoring provides a detailed breakdown of the score based on criteria suited for the type of conversation.
Powered by conversational and generative AI, Call Scoring offers concise and clear explanations for each criterion’s score, pinpointing each representative's areas of strength and need for improvement. This granular understanding fuels the customization of training programs, the fine-tuning of sales tactics, and the setting of realistic goals, thus steering individual performance enhancements and broader sales strategies.
- Performance Visibility – Gain 100% visibility into your sales team’s performance without the need to listen to the call recordings.
- Performance Analysis – Review performance criteria such as engagement, forward motion, question handling, and sales process to derive coachable insights for each sales representative and the team as a whole.
- Bias Removal – Remove the possibility of bias when assessing sales representative performance.
- Data-Driven Revenue Strategy – Call Scoring allows the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to gather detailed insights into team strengths and weaknesses. These insights can be leveraged to make informed decisions about revenue forecasting, pipeline management, and sales strategy adjustments.
- Sales Team Performance Optimization – Call Scoring provides valuable insights into the strengths and weaknesses of the team and individual sales representatives, enabling the VP of Sales to develop targeted coaching and support initiatives to improve overall team performance.
- Continuous Monitoring and Improvement – Call Scoring enables sales managers to capture the complexity of real-world conversations, allowing them to provide more accurate, personalized feedback to team members. This can help in continuous improvement of the sales process.
- Self-Evaluation and Skill Development – Call Scoring results can be used by sales representatives for self-evaluation and to identify areas needing improvement, leading to enhanced performance and more successful sales calls.
Call Scoring uses four main criteria to score sales representative performance — Communication and Engagement, Forward Motion, Question Handling, and Sales Process with each criterion including custom parameters.
- Communication and Engagement – Gauges the effectiveness of a sales representative's communication style and their ability to engage with the prospect. It considers aspects such as the setting agenda, creating alignment, active listening signals, and the ability to maintain a balanced conversation flow.
- Forward Motion – Evaluates the progression of the sales conversation towards a positive outcome, such as setting a follow-up meeting, securing a commitment, or closing a deal. It measures the representative's ability to move the conversation forward effectively and purposefully.
- Question Handling – Assesses the sales representative’s ability to answer questions and handle objections from the prospect. It checks the quality of responses and how well the sales representative handles objections.
- Sales Process – Measures how well the sales representative adheres to the organization's sales process and protocols. It involves checking if the representative is following the BANT methodology in qualifying a prospect.
Note: Sales Process criteria is only applicable to the Qualification sales stage.
There are multiple ways to leverage Call Scoring for your business.
- API Integration – Use the Call Scoring API to obtain conversation scores. You can build your application interface to display the scores using the API’s response. To get started with the API, see Get Started.
- API with Insights UI – Use the Call Scoring API to generate conversation scores and leverage Symbl.ai’s pre-built Insights UI to populate all the conversation insights in a beautiful and intuitive UI. This UI provides an out of the box interface to display scores along with other conversation insights offered by Symbl.ai such as summary, sentiment analysis, next steps, and Q&A. To learn more, see Get started with Insights UI.
- CRM integration – Integrate your CRM with Symbl.ai using the Sales Intelligence package. Push conversation scores directly to your CRM and use CRM analytics tools to generate reports based on conversation scores. For more information, see Sales Intelligence.
- Channel separated audio – Call Scoring requires channel separated audio to accurately identify and evaluate the conversation spoken by the representative and the prospect.
- Representative directory – Add your sales team member names, email addresses and roles so that Symbl.ai can identify who’s stream to consider as a representative and a prospect.
- Opportunity stage – Symbl.ai evaluates the representative performance differently at different opportunity stages because of its nuances. For example, the sales representative’s objectives and tasks are different in qualification to negotiation stages. Symbl.ai Call Scoring takes Opportunity stage as a path parameter with values Qualification, Discovery, Demo, Proposal, Negotiation, and General. If you do not specify a parameter, the default is General stage.
Updated 5 months ago