The Entity Detection feature provides named-entity recognition support for your conversations. The Entity Detection feature identifies and extracts critical data from your conversations. Use the feature to:
- Simplify the way your organization detects entities across numerous conversations.
- Locate PII, PCI and PHI data that complies with PCI SSC, HIPAA, GDPR and CCPA.
- Create custom entities to support product features and workflows in your organization.
Entities can be detected in recorded conversations processed using the Async API, or during the course of a real-time conversation using the Streaming API. Entities are detected by default when you use the Async API.
Entities can be used in a variety of ways:
- Automate workflows: Route a conversation or parts of a conversation to different individuals based on the entities detected. Automatically populate forms, such as a customer name, address, phone number, and appointment date and time from a sales call.
- Recommendations: Identify entities such as events in user conversations and then make contextually-appropriate recommendations to that user. For example, if the mention of a holiday is detected, recommend relevant holiday events or products to the user.
- Organize conversations: Extract entities and apply the detected entities to conversations as metadata, which can be used to create relevant groups of conversations.
- Monitoring trends: Monitor social media trends, and extract entities from social media forums like Twitter and Reddit. Extract companies, people, and places mentioned on social media to regulate content.
- Gather customer feedback: Analyze feedback for products, services, and people. Identify competitors mentioned in customer conversations, and questions related to particular products and services.
The following list includes some examples of the managed entities provided by Symbl.ai:
- Personal Identifiable Information (PII) entities: Names, ages, birthdays, social security numbers, and drivers license numbers.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) entities: Bank accounts, routing numbers, credit card numbers, expiration dates, and credit card verification values (CVVs).
- Protected Health Information (PHI) entities: Health conditions, blood groups, injuries, and medical statistics.
- General entities: Events, file names, times, and URLs.
This page includes a complete table of supported entities.
The Entity Detection feature supports entity formats for the following countries:
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
The following table is a complete list of the supported entities for each class of data.
Each entity has a
subType. In the preceding table, the column headings identify the
type of each managed entity. The rows identify the
subType of each entity.
Use the Management API to create and manage custom entities. Custom entities identify and extract data that exactly matches vocabulary that you provide. Custom entities can be used to build implementations that aren't covered by Symbl.ai's managed entities, such as detecting organization-specific vocabulary like brand names or internal departments.
The following pages describe the operations you can perform with bookmarks:
Updated 5 days ago